Thamesview School seeks to ensure that all students receive a full-time education, which takes full advantage of prospects for each student to realise their true potential.
We want your child to:
they can accomplish anything they set their mind to
the most out of their educational opportunities
in the world of work
General Notices of absence
Parents should call Thamesview before 8.30am on 01474 566552. If your child is absent and a call back is required please leave us a message clearly stating your name, your child’s name and the reason for the absence
To ensure we can maintain good attendance information we require parents to call everyday of a child’s absence as an assumption of illness cannot be made and so it is appropriately marked on the school's systems.
If we have not received a notification of absence, you will receive a telephone call from the Attendance Officer querying the absence.
The school expects the following from all students:
- Attend school regularly.
- Arrive on time and be prepared for learning.
- Report to Welfare Managers or Heads of Year if leaving the premises during the school day and sign back in when they return. This will ensure accurate recording in case of unforeseen incidents for example fire drills etc.
- Inform their parents; Form Tutor, Welfare Manager, Head of Year, or Teacher of any problem that may hinder them from attending school.
- Produce an absence note or show a note written in the school diary to their Form Tutor.
- Accept help, support and guidance when offered and deemed appropriate to ensure full attendance.
The school expects the following from all parents/carers:
- Meet their legal responsibility to ensure their children attend school regularly and punctually.
- Ensure they contact our Attendance Officer before 8.30am on Tel: 01474 566552 whenever their child is unable to attend.
- Ensure their children arrive in school prepared for learning.
- Provide a note for students returning from absence.
- Recognise that only the Head Teacher can authorise absence.
- Accept that parents/carers cannot authorise absence.
- Accept that holidays will not be authorised during term time unless there are exceptional circumstances and that this has been agreed by the Head Teacher in writing.
Our Attendance Officer is Mrs M Smith