Pupil Premium & Equality
The Pupil Premium is allocated to children from low-income families who are currently known to be eligible for Free School Meals and children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months. Currently the Pupil Premium is £935 per student and it is used to provide targeted resources for students in order to enable faster progress. If you receive any of the benefits listed below then your child will be eligible for Free School Meals:
- Universal credit (provided you have a net income of £7400 or less)
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers’ allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Child tax credit, provided that you are not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of £16,190 or less
These benefits have now all been rolled into a single benefit, called Universal Credit.
Please contact Thamesview if you need advice on how to claim Free School Meals and we will provide you with an application form.
Our contact information can be found here