Pupil Premium & Equality
The Pupil Premium is allocated to children from low-income families who are currently known to be eligible for Free School Meals and children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months. Currently the Pupil Premium is £935 per student and it is used to provide targeted resources for students in order to enable faster progress. If you receive any of the benefits listed below then your child will be eligible for Free School Meals:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seekers' Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the Guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.
Please contact Thamesview if you need advice on how to claim Free School Meals and we will provide you with an application form.